Embassy of Sweden in BELGRADE
11 MARCH 2016.
12 MARCH 2016.
CROWN PLAZA VLADIMIRA POPOVICA 10 BELGRADE
The 13th international Education Fair was held in Belgrade between the 11-12th of March 2016. For the first time, Sweden participated in an Education Fair in the Western Balkans with a purpose to promote Sweden as destination for studies, targeting mainly master students. The fair registered 4 350 visitors, half of which were undergraduates searching for information about master studies abroad.
The stand of the Swedish embassy was visited by approximately 1 500 participants (calculated by looking at the amount of distributed information material). Sweden attracted noticeable attention partly because it was a new country among the ones that are usually part of this Education Fair such as Italy, France, Germany and the USA.
The embassy ́s input
a. An information campaign during the fair with a branded booth and self-produced material (on top of the information material provided by Swedish Institute and Swedish universities).
b. A media campaign for more extensive marketing of Study in Sweden.
c. Four guest speakers from Sweden who held three separate presentations.
d. Swedish Connection Party – a space for the alumni, connectors and Swedish-friendly people to share experiences and inspire.
• For the first time, Sweden is participating in an Education Fair in Serbia and Montenegro.
• It is estimated that 1 500 of the total 4 350 registered visitors visited the Swedish information stand.
• 354 people (leads) subscribed for further communication and contact.
• The media campaign resulted in an estimated AVE-value of ca 1 million SEK.
• Three separate presentations attracted on average 90-100 participants each.
• Target groups were primarily undergraduates and parents.
• A bus was organized from the city of Niš (250km south of Belgrade) for students interested in attending the Education Fair. The embassy covered the costs.
• An evaluation is possible after a similar input, during a time period of 3-5 years.