Embassy of Sweden in BELGRADE
10 MARCH 2017.
11 MARCH 2017.
HOTEL CROWNE PLAZA IMPULSE HALL BELGRADE
On 10-11 March 2017 the 14th International Educational Fair was held in Belgrade with the purpose to inform future undergradute and master students in the Western Balkans. Over 100 colleges, universities, faculties and other educational institutions from Serbia and 19 foreign countries presented their education and scholarship programs.
Sweden participated for the second time in a row in the education fair with the purpose to promote Sweden as a destination for
studies, targeting mainly master students. The fair registered 5 200 visitors, half of which were undergraduates searching for information about master studies abroad.
The stand of the Swedish Embassy was visited by approximately 1 200 partcipants (calculated by looking at the amount of distributed information material). The Swedish corner draw a lot of attention this year, especially since it offered numerous academic programs and scholarships.
The embassy’s input
1. An information compaign during the fair with a branded booth and self-produced material (on top of the information material provided by Swedish Institute and Swedish universities).
2. A media campaign for more extensive marketing of Study in Sweden.
3. Three guests speakers from Sweden who held three seperate presentations.
4. Two representatives from the migration department held a presentation about the process for residence permit.
5. Speed dating with 4 Swedish IT companies.
• Sweden participated for the second year in a row at the Education Fair in Serbia and Montenegro.
• Two records this year: over 100 exhibitors from 19 countries hosted more than 5 200 visitors.
• Sweden’s yellow-blue booth won the title as the most beautiful booth at the fair.
• It is estimated that 1 200 of the total 5 200 registered visitors visited the Swedish information stand.
• 343 people (leads) subscribed for further communication and contact.
• The media campaign resulted in an estimated AVE-value of ca 1 million SEK.
• Four seperated presentations attracted on average 90-100 partcipants each.
• Target groups were primaly undergraduates and parents.
• Focus was on IT studies.
• Two buses were organized from the city of Niš and Novi Sad,
for students interested in attending the Education fair. The
Embassy covered the costs.
• An evaluation is possible after a similar input, during a time
period of 2-3 years.