Embassy of Sweden in BELGRADE
25 MAY 2016.
06 JUNE 2016.
KLUB POSLANIKA TOLSTOJEVA STREET 2 BELGRADE
Project Name: Open Sweden
Communication period: 25 May – 6 June 2016
Project description: Arrangement of a press conference/ mini seminar on the topic of the 250th anniversary of the first act on freedom of expression, arrangement of reception in honour of the National Day of Sweden, and as a farewell to the Ambassador.
Objective: To highlight the 250th anniversary on freedom of speech and the upcoming opening of chapters 23-24 in the EU Acquis of Serbia’s negotiation process for EU membership.
Sponsors: Securitas, Tetra Pak, Volvo Trucks , AstraZeneca, Ericsson, Ikea, Medicon, Absolut, Volvo Cars, Emric, Verisec, Scania, Systemair, Oriflame
Target groups: Decision makers, NGO:s, journalists, students of the Faculty of Political Sciences, connectors, diplomats, friends of Sweden
• The Embassy of Sweden in Belgrade dedicated the celebration of the National Day 2016 to the 250th anniversary of the adoption of the first act on freedom of expression. A press conference / mini seminar was arranged so that the upcoming openings of the chapters 23-24 in the EU acquis also could be underlined and promoted, as they concern issues of civil rights, security and home affairs.The keynote speakers were the Prime Minister of Serbia, Mr Aleksandar Vucic, the Chief of the Negotiation Team of Serbia’s EU membership, Mrs Tanja Miscevic and H.E. Mr Christer Asp, the ambassador of Sweden. The conference was attended by approx. 90 guests.
• The Reception was arranged in honour of the National Day and as a farewell reception to the Ambassador whose mandate is coming to an end. The reception provided visibility for the sponsoring Swedish companies. It was
attended by approx. 700 guests.
• The major communication activities were focused on the arrangement of the press conference/mini seminar. Two major interviews by the Ambassador of Sweden were given to CorD and to Politika. Deputy Head of Mission Ms Liselott Martynenko Agerlid appeared in 2 TV-shows on TV N1 and Radio Television of Serbia where the topic of the
250th anniversary of the Freedom of Expression Act was mentioned.
• The event was also communicated by the Embassy through the home page, Facebook, Twitter and with a press release.
• Serbian media proved ample coverage of the event. A total of 26 media were represented. Information about the project Open Sweden was the topic in 96 articles, TV, print, web, radio) – (Internet – 57, TV – 26, print – 11, radio – 2). The total AVE (advertising) value of the presence of the project in media amounts to (by 7 June) 139.220 EUR – (approx
1 284,833,54 SEK). Key messages were delivered about 200 through several type of media and media generators.